[BLAST_ANAWARE] update

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 15:35:46 EST

Tancredi-

        Since attenuating the flasher I have made an attempt to calculate
the offsets using the macro flasher_tdc_offsets.C with run 3408 (the
attenuated flasher run). I have attached the calibration file
blastcal:3408. Because the testing is a pain with ntuples I copied and
then slightly modified raw_tdc.C so that it still plots raw data but also
now lists raw data and raw data plus offsets read in from a calib file.
It also recalculates the offsets directly from the raw data. This file
is in my directory /home/blast/karpiusp/recon/cvs/run/rawtdcoff.C (it does
not write a new calib file) These offsets were found by setting the avg
TDC target channel to 2000.

At this point, we have a simple macro using good flasher data, we do not
have true time (and I don't know how to get it!), but if we only care
about sums and diffs then I don't see why these offsets aren't correct (as
long as we recalculate them if we change the programmable delays!)

I have two classes on Tuesday (one of which requires a presentation for
which I have to prepare) so I am afraid that I can not make the
analysis meeting. I have attached two postscript files outlining some
important points. Please let me know if anything is unclear.

                                Pete

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant
email: karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu