Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] submitted changes blastmc v3

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 10:27:47 EDT

> I agree with Tancredi that an expert from the group working on each
> detector should check and finish the digitization and probably event the
> geom/set/hits part of the v3 blastmc.

I agree with myself but digitization is somewhat a difficult job. For adc
we need the "scale", or calibration, and that is quite important since
you select particles on that.
For CC you also need a conversion efficiency and it is somewhat more
difficult (you need a "sampling function" which is actually well known)

For tdcs we need propagation times + electronic offsets.. But I hold that
it is far more useful to do path-length/tof corrections to the data and
compare to MC true tof. It is more sensible to eventually select data on
true tof, not tdc value.

still, it is a long time before we really need this, and actually this
strictly needed only for cross sections.

> the time for light to travel from the hit to the PMT's on TOF paddles are
> calculated by the vertical distance between the hit and the ends of the
> paddle, not the distance along the paddle itself.

I think you meant the light propagation speed in the scintillator + tdc
offset + e- offsets but see above....