Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] submitted changes blastmc v3

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 09:09:26 EDT

Hi,

a few weeks ago, I patched the digitization file in blastmc v2 and
migrated them into v3. However, I was not able to finish them because I
did not have enough time and enough detailed knowledge on each detector
system. So I did not spend as much time on digitization as I did on
geom/sets/hits files.

I agree with Tancredi that an expert from the group working on each
detector should check and finish the digitization and probably event the
geom/set/hits part of the v3 blastmc.

One reminder. The current digitization also lacks the full degrees of
freedom implemented in other parts of monte carlo. For instance, the time
for light to travel from the hit to the PMT's on TOF paddles are
calculated by the vertical distance between the hit and the ends of the
paddle, not the distance along the paddle itself. So the misalignment of
the TOF paddles from the vertical line is not reflected.

Chi