[BLAST_SHIFTS] May 4 evening shift

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 23:22:43 EDT

Hi!
After the power failure, Ernie Bisson got the computers back up around 5
PM.
We managed to get the ROCs and VME crates up and running by 6:30 and, with
Nick (for ABS) and Adam (for WC gas system) helping over the phone
everything was ready to go.

However, CCR had trouble with the beam all night. They started to search
the SH at 11 PM.

We took cosmic runs 151 and 152 to look into the reported low TOF signals.
Before I started going into gain-tuning again, I had the idea of checking
the cables for the two unbehaving PMTs... that paid off: the lemo cables
are to blame for the low number of counts on the scalers.
I reached that conclusion after swapping BNC cables and seeing that the
signals that were fine before on the scalers were looking bad when using
LTOF9 and 15 bottom lemo connections...
LTOF0 top could also become flaky soon. These cables should be fixed ASAP.

So we are close to the end of the shift, our most important achievement
for today being that we got the system back up after the power failure...

Adrian and Chi

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu