[BLAST_SHIFTS] runplan weekend

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 19:39:14 EDT

Hello,
the plan is to continue measuraments on polarized D2 until monday
as soon ion pol is finished and beam is retuned for blast on and
250+250 g holding field.

Get good bqm rates, use the online gui! (just onlineGui from any
computer, but preferably from dblast13). The only known "issue"
is a double peak in the lt0 tdc spectrum that actually seems not a worry.

For hv trips see previous emails: if you need to reboot the hv IOC
you just ^C on the window with the dtun1-pc prompt and then do ./BOOT
For your convenience, while in oper mode, set the ion pol hv to off
and then save. You have to satisfy the alarm handler to get past
annoying beeps. There is a wch temp alarm but nothing we do about it.

The ABS should cycle three cycles which corresponds to states |1>|6>,
|2>|5> and |3>|4>: In all case the pressure in the ABS compression tube
and ligit is constant. Expect 1.5-2.0e-8 and 1.0-1.1e-7 respectively. Make
sure this indeed accurs. In case you need to restart the cycle sequence
type "ABSsoft d2-flit_3state.cycle" from the pro2003/ABS window. Abs cell
temperature should be around 100 K.

Compton should start automatically but make sure is always in sync.
If compton "dies" the coda run is in principle fine. Compton
runs happily from dblast09 although the laser windows have been left
on blast03

Analyze each run, both charge and lrn. To crunch you type "lrn ###" from
the pro/analysis/CRUNCH/v3 directory. After that you run the "filter"
by doing "root flrn.C ###" from any analysis directory

Pay attention to the checklist, put useful info there. To view the run
database use ~elog/bin/view.tcl (on a spud). Not all info there is
accurate yet, for this reason we also use a text file
(pro2003/analysis/RUNLIST).

There are macros to analyze the eep asymmetry: my version is
show_deep_tb_asym.C, feel free to work on it, while analysis of ed tensor
has not started. Note I changed the strings.C file. There are a number
of physics variables useful for the analysis. To select quasi elastic
look at Mm2l(r)_eep with a pm cut (<0.1Gev). Look also at w-q2/2mp...

All montecarlo files are in pro/blastmc with an extensive readme. There
is also a set of "tools" to look at cross section compare.C,
compare_tof.C, compare_eep.C (I know, looks pretty silly)

Tancredi Botto,  		phone: +1-617-253-9204  mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist		MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av    Middleton MA, 01949