[BLASTTALK] Preliminary results from Saturday hydrogen run

From: Vitaliy Ziskin (vziskin@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 11:31:41 EDT

Here are the results of the runs taken from 00:00 to 9:00 on Saturday, the 10th. I had to do the analysis for a single spin asymmetry becuase

the patch connector that runs to the adc and tells it what the beam helicity is was broken (it is fixed now). Therefore, for this time period

the adcs carry no info about the beam helicity. However, the helicity bit was done correctly in the epics and scalers. So, at least we know

that the charge was counted correctly. One thing to keep in mind however, is that per Adam's e-mail we do not inhibit the software during the

hv trips. At the same time we did not have too many trips.

So, I plotted the asymmetry for the left and right sectors as a function of the electron angle. Since, I did everything by hand it was too

tedious to fit the theory throught it (I leave that to the experts). But, it is apparent that if there is any polarization it is very low.

Hope this helps....somebody.

                                                            Cheers, Vitaliy

P.S. I just fit the curve that Jason came up with to these data and the result is too depressing. So I don't include it.

P.P.S I forgot to mention that the cuts were made on coplaniarity (not tight) and z (target, but not tight)

Vitaliy Ziskin                                Tel: (617)253-9209
MIT 26-547                          http://www.lns.mit.edu/people/vziskin/
77 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, Ma
02139
        "For long you live and high you fly
         And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
         And all you touch and all you see
         Is all your life will ever be"--Pink Floyd