[BLASTTALK] New cell IP results

From: Genya (evgeni@mit.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 14:03:43 EDT

    I started IP measurements this morning. Measured 40-45 % atomic
fraction (AF) with a
warm cell. Note: the nozzle was cooled down overnight, and it was the
fresh start
for this nozzle.
   Then I cooled the cell to about 85 K, measuring AF all the time. It
was slowly increased upto
100 K, and then appear to go down. Set cell temperature to 100 K.
Measured AF=64 %.
It is not perfect, but will do to begin with.
  The target intensity appears to be rather low, only 60-70% of the old
values. Allignment of
the nozzle needs to be checked Monday morning; and we should try to
measure the dissociation
fraction.
   I asked chief to turn on holding field and BLAST and retune the beam.
Hauke is expected
to set up 2-3 transition with BLAST on, and we'll take data with one
target state.
   I believe, BLAST detector subframe is still open, needs to be closed
prior to data
taking.

    Genya