Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] hydrogen analysis

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 16:05:51 EDT

Hi!
Some time ago I sent out a few Monte Carlo plots I did in order to educate
myself... in them, I was showing reconstructed Monte Carlo epel asymmetry
(so they were not simply theoretical curves, I followed pretty much the
analysis chain - using blastmc generated files instead of real data).

Today, because the ABS target display in the counting bay was showing a
holding field of about 22 degrees (not 45, as we think we are running)
Ricardo asked me to redo the simulations for a target holding field of
22.5 degrees.

I am attaching both the older 45 degree picture (Asymmetry.ps) and the
22.5 degree picture (Asymmetry_225.ps) for comparison.

I think this comparison shows how important it is to know the holding
field angle precisely... but everybody knows that. If the angle is around
20 degrees, the right asymmetry goes from plus to minus (like we are
seeing in real data!)...

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant