Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] ep-cruncher based on trees and dynamic arrays

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 13:41:17 EST

hi adrian,
  we are releasing v3 of the BlastLib2 software today, which produces a
complex DST tree structure, which chi has done a lot of work on
recently. the basic idea is that the DST has all of the relevant
information from the CODA stream, as well as all of the reconstruction
information needed to do a second pass reconstruction or create an
arbitrary ntuple without having to redo the reconstruction.
  typically durring their analysis, people will create their own ntuples
from the DST, since ntuples are smaller and easier to work with, ie. for
histogramming, and this can be used as a filter for the event types you
are analyzing (the dst contains events of 1,2,3, or more tracks).
--chris