Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] ep-cruncher based on trees and dynamic arrays

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 15:01:50 EST

Hi, Chris!
Thanks for your reply...

I knew at some point we would migrate to DSTs based on trees
and people could use the complex DST structure to select event types they
are interested in - using ROOT trees for this is the way to go and that is
why I wrote my ep-cruncher this way (before the official V3 release).

Anyway, one person is only interested in one event type at a time. So I
wrote this code based on V2_96 (when V3 is released it should be easy to
migrate) as a means to do independent analysis.

People make mistakes and we already had to re-crunch runs a few times in
the past. So I think it is important for everybody doing analysis to have
a degree of control instead of relying only on a DST produced while on
shift.
Of course people can use whichever way they want (or both, in order to
doublecheck themselves for that matter) - I think it is better to have
more alternatives (it can hurt anyway).

Cheers,
Adrian