[BLAST_ANAWARE] blast account V3 setup.

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 14:54:53 EST

Hi, all

this morning Chris and I updated blast:~/cvs_v3.0/BlastLib2 and
Blast_Params, blastrc is setup to crunch with reversed field. the only
thing left to do is copy lrn, nsed, libBlast.so into blast:~/bin and copy
param files into blast:$BLAST_PARAM

also we updated init.C, lr_helper.C, lr.C, flr.C flrpm.C in
blast:~/pro2003/analysis/utils, removed flrn.C from this diretory as lrn
from library now generates flr ntuples.

blast:~/pro2003/analysis/macros/epel is relinked to
blast:~/cvs_v3.0/userGen/DGen/epel, macros/Hydrogen/show_*.C are
patched(they need to load a different file names than before)
show_ep_asym.C, show_ep_asym_z.C show_flip.C are tested and run fine.

It happened that Nick is in the counting bay doing some analysis. He
ventured using the updated environment on root files crunched with both
the old lib(in blast:$ANALDIR) and new lib(in blast:$ANALDIR/dstest) and I
think he is NOT unhappy with it.

>From this point on, we are using a set of basic macros that are designed
to work with ntuples file crunched with both 2.96 and 3. one major
difference is the place where init.C looks for charge info.

idealy, everything should be transparent, so one can run analysis macros
as he did before. if interested:
        setenv $ANALDIR /net/data/4/Analysis/pro2003/dstest
would direct your analysis scripts to the files crunched with new library.
that dir contains all the runs in RUNLIST.new.

again, one should not feel anything different except for the improve
tracking efficiency.

15 root files in /net/data/4/Analysis/pro2003/dstest are not closed
properly, causing root to complain constantly. use:
         root *.C ####-#### closed
to get arround with this. "closed" is a new option to init.C to deal with
this annoying problem.

when you are bored, and when you are using the newly crunched files, try
run_info(), fill_info, rate_by_run(), rate_by_fill(), charge_by_run(),
charge_by_fill(). to test drive the helper features in new init.C

there probably would be compatibility problems, and if any of your script
stopped working, just let me know.