Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Wire.Cal

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 19:48:45 EST

Hi Wang and Doug,

the head of BlastLib2 is updated to include k factor in hit position
calculation and I followed Doug's definition exactly. I decided to put the
k factor as the second last column. the last column is the "resolution"
of each wire the values of which are all 200 at this moment. Chris and
Jason shall update those values later.

A Wire.Cal with my version of k factor calibrated with runs 4231-4228 are
checked into Blast_Params. These factors will not be calibrated run by
run ofcourse. But as Michael rightfully pointed out, they should be
checked periodically as it could well be a function of a lot of things
including gas pressure, mixture and the weather.

So we are all set to use the k factor and the test crunches I made shows
an improvement in resolution to 40MeV, 0.8deg, 0.8deg, 2.3cm. accompanied
by a 6% increase in number of tracked events. The only thing left is to
agree upon a set of numbers and copy them into Wire.Cal.

Chi