[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST organizational meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 15:20:31 EST

        The target holding field has been reversed, so the target spin now points
into the right sector. ABS transitions are tuned. Beam is being tuned,
will probably be another hour. The tune will likely not be great for the
Compton, but we only expect to run this way for 24 hours. The tune changes
are all in the vertical steering. After the tune, the BQMs, WC scalers and
BLAST singles scaler should all count about as before.

        The ABS intensity is somewhat reduced, as one of the turbo pump power
supplies died this morning. That cost one hour of beam tuning while the
South Hall was accessed.

        The plan for tonight is to run deuterium as we have been running. Keep
L14 at as high a voltage as it can stand without tripping constantly.

        The next time the hall is open, measurements will be made of the exact
position of all the neutron walls.

                                        Karen