[BLAST_ANAWARE] tensor asymmetry

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 20:08:48 EST

People, more food for thought

I find it an increadible coincidence that tensor asymmetry on the
quasielastic has the same pathology as elastic only the sectors are
reversed. After hearing that Genya sees the asymmetry difference
reverse itself with the target reversal I found out from him that for a
normal target orientation quasielastic and elastic tensor asymmetries
have opposite sign. That is, electron-left tensor asymmetry is positive
in elastic and negative in quasielastic and vice versa. This now seems
to make sence. It seems that this difference follows the sign of the
asymmetry in each sector (verified by Genya today for reversed target).
On the hunch I decided to look at tensor asymmetry in a quasielastic
channel but in the region of extrimely low missing momentum where the
tensor asymmetry is expected to be zero (or very small). And in fact it
is very small < 1% in all Q^2 bins below 0.4 GeV^2/c^2. So, this to
some degree eliminates a "false asymmetry between tensor plus and tensor
minus due to MFT efficiency" theory.
However, I still think that left-right differences in tensor asymmetry
in elastic and quasielestic channels are NOT unrelated. It could still
be the ABS problem, but now, less likely.

                                                 Cheers, Vitaliy