[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 05/03/2004 F (20-24)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 01:10:52 EDT

Operators: franklin ---- ----

SFT appears to be working OK. Compression tube vacuum has been stable and
ratio of reflected to forward power still about 0.3.

Beam was stored in ring at about 21:00. We've taken 3 runs on D2 with the 60 cm
cell (7100-7102). There have been intermittent problems filling the ring and data
taking has been interrrupted a few times for rephasing of the linac. Jitter on Klystron 7 has been observed and may be the culprit. At present, we are running
with fills to 100 mA. Halo rates are pretty reasonable and lifetime in ring is quite
good (almost 30 minutes when current is at 60 mA, lower at top of fill). Vertex
distributions have been posted in e-log and look quite clean. Plan to continue data taking for rest of night at least.