[BLAST_ANAWARE] MC tracking?

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 13:06:56 EDT

Hey Aaron-

        I have been reading your wonderful documentation for blastmc (you
really must write a book someday - I am sure that it will become a
standard text no matter what the subject - well done) Anyway, I think I
have set things up finally and am writing a huge event.coda file to my
/scratch/bud04 dir. The error I was having last week was due to fortran's
fussiness over length of lines and syntax blah blah. Anyway, the MC is
running with KINE 10 1 1 1 47 0 0 0 11 which hopefully gives me the
elastic channel. I have two questions:

1) I did modify the KINE line in fort 99 with this but does the input of
this line at the GEANT prompt override that??

2) As the mc is spitting out events it is giving me the following:

  *** GTRACK *** More than 3000 steps, tracking abandoned!

what does this mean? Is this file not usable?

                                Thanks,

                                Pete

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant