[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 07/22/2004 A (1-9)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 08:35:18 EDT

Operator: franklin

This shift was quiet with very efficient data taking. Aside from the usual 9 run CODA hangs there weren't really any interruptions. Beam was on the whole time and there were very few HV trips. Data from the preceding shift have been analyzed and target polarization is consistent with high numbers seen before
yesterday's dissociator maintenance.

However, there is a problem with the forward angle LADS TDC spectra that I was
unable to solve. Although LADS HV's are set to normal values and scalers are consistent with normal rates, online GUI shows empty TDC spectra. Probably a bad connection or loose cable after BATS TDC was reinstalled, but I wasn't sufficiently familiar with LADS electronics to find it. This needs to be addressed during next shift.

26 runs have been taken since we turned on last night. At this rate, we will reach
run #10000 in about 2 weeks.