Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] T20 projection

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 21:46:29 EDT

Hi Genya,

I analyzed the recent unpol runs and I see you point. I do find
1.5e16 molecule/second flow out of the buffer system, I do confirm that
3e16 atom/sec makes a 8e13 density in central 40cm of the cell. I do
confirm with this density, luminosity is 5e31 as you quoted.

I even confirm that I get 0.56 events/C with those series of unpol runs
which is comparable to the 0.53 /C I see from ABS runs.

leave alone the sqrt(2) factor in the Mass, I agree things match fairly
well. except that event rate does not seem to reflect the gas flow. Maybe
a leaking gas feed on unpol system?

However, please do note that the rate I finally get from both are both
bloody half event a coulumb. This by my computation implies 1.3e31
luminosity as oppose 5e31. But I quote a luminosity just to ease the
comparison to proposal and others. IMHO, it is the count rate that
matters. We see 0.53/C we should base our projection on that number.

Please let me know if you do see a lot more ed events than I do.

Chi