RE: [BLASTTALK] extra inodes

From: Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator (BISSON@AESIR.MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 12:12:19 EDT

>hi ernie,
> is it possible increase the number of inodes in
>'/net/data/8/Analysis/data/v3_1'? i'
>m pretty sure we've reached the maximum number of files on that
>partition (is there a maximum), because i could only create new files if
>i deleted old ones first.

Hi Chris.

Yes, there is a maximum, defined by the number of inodes.
No, this can not be increased dynamically. The filesystem must be re-created
with a higher number of inodes.

Fortunately, this is not your problem. The /data filesystem on Spud8 currently
has 100587878 free inodes.

What system are you using when you see the problem with /net/data/8?
Are you getting ant error messages?

> this may be related to other problems on /net/data/8 (i know some of
>my files in v3_1) were lost during the copy from /net/data/4 to /net/data/8

I hadn't heard of others problems.

Ernie