[BLAST_SHIFTS] daily meeting

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 15:57:16 EDT

Today was a maintenance day during which the Snakes were filled and the
ABS was reinstalled and aligned. We are ready to resume running the
polarized deuterium target. The Hall is presently being cleared. There
may be some tuning if the beam lifetime and halo rates are not immediately
satisfactory. The target and detector are ready to go. Over the weekend,
the Coulomb speedometer regularly hit 300/hr, so we should aim for this.

The shift schedule for this week is in reasonable shape. We still need
someone for Monday evening and the owl shift next Wednesday morning.
There are more shifts open later in the month.

Bill

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*