Re: unfilled nwl/r and hwl/r (fwd)

From: Christopher Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 11:38:18 EDT

Hi Michael,
   I'll take a look at them as soon as I can. You can do 'cvs diff -
r v3_4_17 -r v3_4_18', to see what has changed, but I can't think of
anything I would have don't to omit them.
   You are right, I haven't looked at Lwl,r yet. I did introduce an
independent (albeit slow) track fitter TBLMinuitTrack as a check of
TBLNewt. The only thing left to check in reconstruction is
TBLSimTrack, the RK4 integrator itself. It has undergone various
modifications, and the fact that it doesn't calculate the track
length properly leads me to suspect the rest of the integration
also! So I believe the proper way to check the path length is to
rewrite a new track integration, which integrates along arc-lengths
instead of straight lines (for higher accuracy). When I get time!
--Chris

TA-53/MPF-1/D111 P-23 MS H803
LANL, Los Alamos, NM 87545
505-665-9804(o) 665-4121(f) 662-0639(h)