Re: unfilled nwl/r and hwl/r (fwd)

From: Christopher Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 15:23:42 EDT

In this case, I would strongly recommend using the TChain::Friend
functionality. This is, in fact what I used for my thesis analysis
when I wanted to include information from an auxiliary ntuple
containing the variables "ltwl,r" and "xtwl,r". It is also
extremely to use within the context of 'init.C'.
All you have to do is invoke your script with two data sets, for
example:

   root -l myscript.C $ANALDIR/flr 12144-13266 -d $OLDANALDIR/flr
12144-13266

Then, in your script add the following line after invoking 'init()'
or '.x init.C':

   chain[0]->AddFriend(chain[1],"old");

Finally, you can access "nwl" and cousins from the old flr by
appending 'old.', for example:

   chain[0]->Draw("twl:twr","old.hwl>18");

This may be an easy and attractive alternative to a week of Chi's
frustration! BTW, the 'lr' or even 'flr' structures are not subsets
of the 'dst'.

--Chris

TA-53/MPF-1/D111 P-23 MS H803
LANL, Los Alamos, NM 87545