Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] timing issues

From: Eugene.Geis@asu.edu
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 16:27:52 EDT

Hello both of you,
One problem I noticed... This d2tof_flrn.C opens an already crunched file under
the sc_cal file that has different offsets than those originally used in the
filter.h file... This would all be fine and dandy if the crunched data file was
crunched using raw variables from detrecon but they are not. So using variables
with offsets included from filter.h will give you bad cuts... Using variables
from filter.h with subtracxted offsets will only work with ntuples that call
detrecon(0,0,0)... not (0,0)... so... we need an ntuple that calls raw tdc
through detrecon and then all will be fine... otherwise, take the variables in
filter with offsets subtracted and add the offsets in the new sc_cal file to be
consistent with what is now in the lr's. NOTE: This will also work poorly if
hardware has changed... then all bets are off and we'll have to start from zero.

eugene